Wood doors offer multiple benefits for your commercial facility. The warm, natural look of wood is of course appealing to your customers and to passers-by. But here are some other attractions you may not have thought about:
- Wood helps you save energy by working as an insulator. A wooden door keeps warm air in during the cooler months, and cool air in during the heat of summer. Wood is known for maintaining even temperatures, meaning greater energy efficiency and lower energy bills. A weather-treated, quality wooden door is a smart and money-saving choice.
- A well-built wooden door helps reduce noise levels in a commercial setting, muffling sound and creating a more muted office environment for the workforce.
- Well-made, fire-rated wooden doors are recommended for controlling the direction and rate of spread of smoke and fire.
- A solid wooden door can be reinforced in strong metal frames to resist break-ins.
Quality wooden doors will stand up to denting, scratching, cracking and chipping, and if well maintained, can last for years.
Maintaining a Wooden Door
Modern commercial exterior doors are built to stand up against the elements, while quality interior doors must be able to endure frequent traffic and heavy use. Most wooden doors made today have a core of wooden sections glued together, overlaid with an outer layer of thick veneer.
Wooden doors do require maintenance. Some of the things you can do to keep a door shipshape:
- Clean and polish solid wood doors with Murphy’s Oil Soap. You can use mild soap and water on other types of doors.
- Oil hinges.
- Check your door for dings, cracks and scratches.
Call a professional door technician from Sacs Door and Gates to inspect your commercial wooden door every year to ensure it lasts for years.