If a business or residential community has an automated gate system, it can use cloud-based access control software to easily track all the traffic that goes in and out via the gate opener. With the proper software system, you can do the following:
- Track real time data, allowing custom reports on activity highs and lows, so that you can set key performance indicators and activity benchmarks.
- Track when preventative maintenance is needed in order to prevent downtime.
- Boost security by tracking and recording door, dock and gate activity. Also assign access by person, group, location or time.
One popular and effective access control software for commercial and residential use is myQ Business. With this software a facilities owner can do all of the above functions, as well as:
- Generate reports through the gate opener to demonstrate compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Gather reports to analyze door, gate and dock activity to aid in making data-driven decisions.
- Manage remotely, by logging in from anywhere, making database changes, or moving from one sector of the hub to the next.
- Receive real-time notifications of crucial events. Monitor access credentials 24/7.
- Maintain cloud-based security to protect data and safeguard information for business or residents. The myQ Business software is designed to ensure that databases are not lost or compromised in breaches, attacks or breakdowns.
- Optional guest management features are available, so residents can manage deliveries and visits.
- Identify vandals or other unwelcome intruders.
- Create trackable visitor codes for guests and service providers.
MyQ Business also alerts you when gates and doors are open, and allows you to open and close them from any location.